ESA is a prominent clean energy development and decarbonization platform. Over the past decade, ESA has successfully transacted over 6 GW of operating solar energy projects and pre-construction development assets. Our diverse portfolio spans a broad array of asset classes, including installations at corporate headquarters, commercial and industrial facilities, community solar portfolios, and multi-100 MW utility-scale solar projects. ESA's influence extends across 22 states, where projects have interconnected with 27 distinct utilities. ESA operates with the freedom and flexibility inherent in a privately owned and managed organization.
In 2023 alone, ESA has been awarded the prestigious award of Best Place to Work by Orlando Business Journal, and the #1 Solar Developer in Florida by Solar Power World Magazine.
We believe in a culture of teamwork and collaboration to collectively achieve our goals. Our employees are the foundation of our brand and success. Be a part of changing the future of energy, with a people forward company that believes in your success.
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for originating and developing multiple Community solar projects with an annual origination target of around 1 GW per year under site control and submitted into the interconnection queue. Our ideal candidate will come into this role with a genuine passion for clean energy development and at least five years of project development experience (preferably in utility-scale solar). The candidate will have a track record of cross-departmental project management and teamwork. The ability to be self-directed and see around corners throughout the typical project development milestones is a must. An ability to understand technical details, negotiate real estate contracts, organize activities based on critical paths, and represent ESA externally is critical. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to an inevitable change that project development provides and maintain a positive mindset.
- Lead and manage the comprehensive project development process.
- Represent the company with federal, state, and local officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and other stakeholders throughout the project development process.
- Oversee all development activities including site acquisition, real estate and title curative, interconnection, regulatory approvals, engineering, land use and environmental permitting, and financial valuation by working with both the internal team and external consultants.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external real estate associates to establish strong long-term relationships with site owners, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project development team to strategize and implement effective permitting campaign strategies.
- Oversee the preparation, delivery, and approval processes of state, federal, and local permitting documentation.
- Engage in effective communication with stakeholders, community members, and government entities to facilitate project permitting and foster support for the project.
- Interpret technical engineering and environmental reports and studies to evaluate project impact and perform critical issues analysis.
- Ensure timely progression of landowner lease or purchase negotiations and develop authentic relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Help coordinate the project interconnection process.
- Compile and analyze project data, assessing opportunities, risks, and potential flaws for the benefit of project stakeholders and partners.
- Organize and supervise project budget, schedule, and proforma.
- Support the negotiation of power purchase and/or asset sale agreements.
- Oversee project consultants, such as environmental, engineering, and transmission specialists.
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure clear communication and smooth collaboration at all stages of the project development process.
- Travel to project sites as necessary and attend relevant stakeholder meetings.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Maitland, FL
Travel: 25 – 35%
Salary: Will commensurate with experience.